Saturday 20 January 2018

Mystery lovechild 2 - the results

Well, well, well, as Jeremy Kyle might say.   The DNA results are in.  It didn't take long to get to the truth though -  I'm so impressed!  Thank you for joining in.  Here's confirmation of the identities of those absent 'parents':

1
Quickly spotted by The Swede and agreed by Martin, yes No. 1 is Dave Grohl ( hair and eyes) and PJ Harvey (bottom half of face with nose and mouth.)


2

I can see why Pete Doherty's name kept cropping up here - the hat, the pout, the hair...

... but this babyshambles got their features from Iggy Pop and Courtney Love.  Well done Alyson for working out Courtney.


3
No doubt here about Paul Simonon, as identified by all.  I felt awful doing this to him.  But those eyes and mouth belong to Gwen Stefani - again well sussed by Alyson.


4
This sultry cutie (something of the Judy Geeson here to my mind) gets her eyes and nose from David Essex and her hair, mouth and bone structure from Chrissie Hynde.  Quite a combination, don't you think?


5
It's still just Brian Eno really, isn't it?  Who knew that Kylie and him were doppelgangers?  Special mention though to an inspired suggestion that it was Queen Victoria and Martin Gore.  Yeah, I get where you're coming from, Rol.  This is just for you....




6
Too freaky.  No difficulties for anyone in spotting Lionel Richie's hair and chin here. Poor Aretha Franklin doesn't look so good with them, though.  Congrats to Alyson for identifying her.

7
I was staggered to discover that this combination of Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull looks rather too much like a good friend of mine.   Hmm, maybe a real DNA test is in order. Think of the money!


8
I know, I know, it was a bit obvious about Jim Morrison.  Here he is with Bjork's eyes, nose and hairline.  I even shaved his chest specially for the occasion too.

9
"Noel Fielding", says Rol, "Just Noel Fielding".  
So good it makes up for all the answers he didn't get right ;-)

So if Siouxsie Sioux and Liam Gallagher got it on, you'll now know what to expect.


10

I'm so sorry for Bobbie Gentry.  It's just that Marc Bolan's nose and jaw fitted her face so neatly, I 
couldn't resist.  (Wish I could say the same about this formatting.)


And that's the lot.  Today's joint champion gene-spotters are The Swede and Martin with a whopping 16 out of 20 correct answers each.  Brilliant work!  Alyson identified 15  to start with and then neatly filled in the earlier gaps after a couple of clues.  And Rol had me in stitches with his Queen Victoria and Noel Fielding. So you're all winners, of course.  Thank you!

10 comments:

  1. Well done on another great interactive quiz - I feel under pressure to come up with something but can't think what. It seems to be that picture quizzes work best.

    Just wanted to say however that although I was really proud of getting Aretha correct, and the last two after you gave us the extra clues, I would never have got that initial 15 points without being prompted by who had got there first. Well done to TS and Martin, and to Rol for making me laugh with his answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyson, it was just something creative I wanted to try for when I don't feel like writing much, so I'm glad it can be a bit interactive too. All blogging interaction is just a lovely bonus so if you do decide to do something quiz related that would be great fun but reading and commenting on your posts is great in itself :-)

      Oh yes, that was brilliant re. Aretha - I'm sorry I had meant to mention that specifically in the text here (so will edit it now!). The whole business of pasting the photos and checking who'd answered what was disproportionately convoluted and I lost track there. That's the downside to the quiz format - doing the answers!

      Delete
  2. Some of those seemed so bloody difficult. Then you see the originals and bonk yourself on the head with the palm of your hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - only easy when you know the answers! Knowing them from the start (obviously!) I wasn't sure if they'd be really easy or really hard, so it's tricky to know how to pitch it...

      Delete
  3. Sorry for not commenting sooner, but I've been in therapy all week after seeing that Queen Victoria pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that Rol, but it had to be done.

      Delete
  4. Has anyone seen Brian Eno and Kylie together? Now I'm wondering if it's just all just one of the genius Eno's little projects?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! I truly thought that the Victoria/Gore pairing was a random picture of Mick Hucknell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I see just what you mean! Poor Mick! Or poor Victoria!

      Delete

Please come in, the door is open

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...