Thursday 22 November 2012

Not much of a post but some posters

Oh!  Time is ticking by and it seems I've not had enough of it to write a new post for over a week.  I've decided that my brain, which I've known for some time is divided into some very distinct and often handy compartments, finds particular conflict between writing and drawing.  When I'm not doing much picture-making, the words take over, but when I'm really busy at the drawing board, I seem to find it hard to write.  From this you may ascertain that it's been a while since I've been really immersed in any intensive art work - but that I've got a load of illustration to get on with right now.  This is of course a good thing, and I love what I do - but I don't want to neglect the blog either!  So, as a little pot-boiler, I'll just leave you with a link to a place that I've only recently discovered (thanks to a recommendation) and which I really like... Quad Royal.

It's full of great pictures, and the words are good too.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Ah, thanks Yve. Seems like the best thing I could've done was to get signed by a good agent. Hoping so anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it.

    There's no way talent stays down very long.

    The posters on link are great to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff. Blogging's great, but unfortunately doesn't put bread on the table. Nice move about the new agent. Here's to more commissions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These posters are wonderful. I shall be bookmarking those pages. Evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all :-) Glad you like the posters, some really classic, interesting and timeless graphic design over there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delighted to hear that the illustration work has picked up and thanks for the link to Quad Royal. Their archives are vast and brilliant. There goes another few hours of my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - back to seven day weeks and scary deadlines for a while but I'm not complaining! Glad you like Quad Royal (and sorry to add to your distractions!)

      Delete

Please come in, the door is open

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...